Advice to follow when, as K puts it, you break the rules, hit someone above the neck with a snowball and subsequently flee. Zig! Zag! it is harder to hit a moving target everybody. 

We have gotten the first real snow of winter and have been having some seriously rolicking good fun in the stuff.  

First, the winter food continues with 
Green du Puy lentil soup, I adapted from Ina's recipe and was supplied with those crazy good lentils by my awesome sisters. 
Colby Jack Beer Bread from a FoodGawker recipe 


Yes, we've been eating that soup all week. It is the best and I made a ton:) 


Garlic Knot rolls, surprisingly easy and totally delicious. K ate four when he came home and found them on the oven. These are also adapted from a FoodGawker recipe, if you don't go there and find awesome food blogs and/or immediately get hungry you should be ashamed. 

I also used my lunch break (working from home = awesome) to run around in the snow with my love.
We bundled in multiple layers of pants and six or so shirts and set out on the trail behind our apartment (Minnesotans or other northerners please don't make fun of us but -5 is very cold for these parts)  









We are the luckiest as far as I can tell. There are not pictures but we might have had a loogie spitting contest, you didn't want to see but you probably wanted to know that I won ;) 

Finally, here is a video of our recent fun, a bit random but that sums up our lives pretty well. 


2 Comments

  1. Sweet-- snow day! You guys are super adorable and the food looks DELICIOUS. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won the Loogie contest? That's my girl!

    ReplyDelete