You guys, the Saanich Fair was so much fun. This is only a fraction of the pictures I took and they were all on my cellphone so just sorry but I'm not. I really couldn't help but capture all the cuteness I could. It was the most wholesome thing I've done in a long time. We stayed for five and a half hours and it was the perfect labor day celebration. Feast your eyes! 

 The setting is pretty awesome all by itself. 




Really big bunnies! 

 The world's most perfect duck. 

 Scary giant chickens! 

 The little kid crafts were amazing and crazy. I only put in a tiny fraction of what was displayed because even when I was actually there it was overwhelming. 

 Cute, perfect eggs. 

 Miniature horses, yeah there were tons of them. 

 A goat judging! 

 Crazy furry alpacas. 

 Found in the vendors tents. This was my mother's cure all "Put some salve on it" Never in my adult-hood have I seen this stuff, but I still couldn't get myself to spend $16 bucks on it. I assume Mom never spent even a fraction of that on it in my youth. 

 Yum, we ate (don't judge): mini doughnuts from the Shiner's Cafe, a hungarian Langos , a German braughtwurst, and Lebanese vegetarian plate/schwarma wrap. 

Good food ya'll. Things we didn't even sample, Greek, Polish, Phillipino, and much of the typical fair food. 

 K with a GIANT turkey. 

 Hard to see but the Victoria Highland Dance Associate had adorable girls dancing in kilts and sailor uniforms all day. So cute. 

 Freshly sheared sheep. 

 My Dad, from the seventies, with a cow. Yes, I mainly took this picture to show my Dad that his youthful fashion has come back around. 

 Baby cows. 

 Even the pigs are cute, and only smelled a little bit.  

 Donkeys were the theme of the fair this year and they enjoyed their little celebrity tent very much. 

 The carnival games side etc. 

 Baking room. K contends that I need to compete in this. 

 The flows you can grow here are crazy and Dhalia's are the crowned princes of the show. 


 Umm that is a zucchini.  

 I was ecstatic and K was again mystified as to what exactly will get me excited to participate. 


A majestic stallion to round the whole thing off. If you're still here, congratulations. 

The bump had some fun too (I think). 



3 Comments

  1. What a great fair! It looks like a ton-o-fun.

    You totally should have bought the salve though. It would last for the rest of your life and you could put it on everything!

    Good to know I can start growing my hair long again, now that it's back in fashion ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woowoo!

    Agree about the salve; I've got a tin and love it. Lasts for-e-ver.

    What a bunch of cutie animals, dancers, crafters, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini horses! The best. No wait, donkeys! The best. So many cute animals, and I agree that the duck is perfect.

    ReplyDelete