Back in January we took a little break. The snow was making all of us a little cooped up so when we got a generous invitation from our friends we jumped at the chance. It even got K to rearrange his work schedule, a very rare thing. 



 We went to the lake, yes the frigid lake, with our lovely friends and played many board games. It was refreshing in that, eat too much, sleep at the wrong time of night, laugh until you cry kind of way. 



We hung out with Odie and played the gloriously awesome and nerdy game Settlers of Catan


We all cooked delicious food and had a jolly time. 

Even though we did get to take a break, the winter doldrums banged on my pipe, or whatever, again. It must be why they put Valentine's day in the middle of all this miserable coldness, because I had to rearrange my living room to keep from feeling like I live in a closet. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my apartment. I love how it is warm and I am so very well provided for and loved. However, when I work from home and never get out of my pajamas for three days, it starts to feel a little stiffling despite all the "relaxing". 

How did I treat this malaise? 

Feng Shui.....sort of. 

I rearranged. 


And then I felt a little better. 

Here is to February. I'm going to celebrate my second love day with my love, work on getting our budget under control and kick this wedding planning into gear. 



One Comment

  1. I love that you're coming up with creative ways to address the winter doldrums. Visiting the frozen lake and rearranging furniture? Whatever works, baby! :)

    ReplyDelete