We've been having some big fun this last week everyone. And by big fun, I mean the totally mundane things mostly only our families and a few bored friends care about (thanks for visiting everyone!)  

We got out on a bike ride the only nice day for the last couple weeks: 




We have not yet invested in our really dorky bike clothing, so we are only a little bit hilarious. Trust me though, K is in the works to buy a rear view mirror because he constantly wants to look back to make sure I am still there, so it will get worse. We will eventually be donning the seriously unattractive bike shorts, with their adult diaperish padding and sausage thigh design. We....are in this thing. 


In other news, K recently let me give him a haircut. The back story to this is he hates getting haircuts. He finds it awkward to sashay into a barber shop chair and be inundated with annoyingly chit chatty questions while he tries to articulate how much he does or doesn't care what this hair cut will eventually look like. Enter, me. I am, a little overconfident when it comes to things I've never done. I am one of those "give it I got it" people, who, after watching my mother give me haircuts, was feeling a little bravado that surely I could lick this hair thing in no time. So as not to leave you in suspense, K is doing fine. 


However, this process was much harder than I thought and our entire bathroom was covered in hair. Mad props Mom, because I'm pretty sure K squirmed way less than I did, yet it was challenging stuff. In the end, I think K will come back to the R's Cut and Mess, but probably not for as long as his hair allows. 

This weekend we got to do some wedding business with my savior of a sister, LP. She should clearly be in charge of this occasion and has been a great inspiration. We did a little thrift store hunting and made some progress on our DIY missions. We got a delicious lunch and great company out of the deal, which made for an awesome Saturday. 

Last but not least, here are some pictures of Nithi and her favorite person reading some books. 




Complete with video so you can all witness the cuteness, if only for a moment since the batteries were running low. 


Happy March everyone, who wants to buy me some galoshes:) 


3 Comments

  1. Don't be discouraged, the only person who looks cool in cycling gear is Lance himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for saving money and cuttin' your man's hair. We just tried this recently for the first time, too, and Justin will def be coming back to the Kendra Kuts again. Can't wait to see those cool DIY projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Rach, I'm so impressed. I would never have the courage to cut someone's hair!

    You guys look stinkin' adorable (as usual!!) in your bike gear. Hope that spring gets underway in earnest soon so you can get in plenty of training rides!

    ReplyDelete