K here again.
I used to love to play hockey.  I was on several teams, and played for several years.  Ever since they announced there would be a hockey team coming to the Independence Event Center, I have been constantly wanting to go to a game.  About two years later, R finally made my dream come true.  We got tickets to a Missouri Mavericks game, and it was fun on a bun.  D and his lady, KT came to town for the weekend, and joined the "Orange Army" with us Saturday night.  We all had a blast.  The arena was small enough for every seat in the place to be a great view.  The crowd was riled up, and we had no problem fitting in.  The one downside was the "Maverick" cowbells everyone had.  R did not appreciate the 4 sitting right behind us.  I however did not mind them.



D and myself went exploring and got a little something for everyone... KT got the foam finger she'd been wanting, the boys got a couple "Chuck-a-Pucks" to throw out onto the ice in an attempt to win $600 and other sweet prizes (We won nothing... not even close... our puck chucking skills need some work) and for R, I tried to continue our streak of having her try the most ridiculous food sports arenas have to offer.  Of course there was the usual nachos, peanuts and such... but then I saw an item on the menu that had quotes around it... And if that doesn't say "GET THIS, GET THIS" I don't know what does
Today ladies and gentlemen, I present you the Missouri Maverick's food spectacular:
"The Mighty MO Dog"

It's basically a chilidog, but huge, doused in chili, onions, cheese, and topped with Fritos (but Fritos probably didn't want to endorse the mighty mo quite yet, so the menu describes them as corn chips)


R had about 2 bites before she felt like she had to pass on the ol' MO.  I kindly obliged to finishing it for her.




The game was fun, and tied up until the last few minutes when the visitors scored 2 unanswered goals to bring the Mavs a loss.  They're headed to the playoffs still though, and I hope we get to go to another game if not this year, then next.


We then went out with D and KT to Westport and had fun relaxing and getting the sound of cowbells out of our brains.



So all in all, a fun weekend!  OH YEAH, and we did get an actual weekend now that I'm officially a full time employee and have Friday/Saturday off!  Hopefully the first of many real weekends. 
Wahoo!


Also in wedding news, we have lined up our good friend, and D's father Mr. Fuchs as our "ordained minister" to do our wedding for us!

Loves it.
K


One Comment