So this post has mainly made me realize that I need to stop only taking pictures with my phone. What follows are all blurry and somewhat terrible pictures. Before I get to the actual content of this post here is your two week wrap up of our going ons:


This is my cutie pie husband (before he trimmed his beard recently, mountain man K!) and I at Po's Dumpling Bar. Thank you google offers, it was delicious.

Sesame noodles that my mom would have loved, as they had tons of nice bitter sesame paste in the sauce. They were pretty interesting. 


Here is a shot of what Valentine's looked like at our house. I got K some ice cream from Glace, he got me cupcakes from A La Mode and we went to Em Chamas. Stuffed Much?

Speaking of food, here is a delicious Turkish Feast that LP whipped up for us to enjoy on a Friday night spent with some of our favorite ladies:) K enjoys rolling around on the floor with Nithi quite a bit.




I also took a business trip this week, which I can't tell you anything about except: 
1. I had a 6 1/2 hour delay which made me very cranky and meant I got to my hotel night 1 at 2 a.m.
2. It was very awesome to see some of my coworks from all over the nation. 
3. Despite the Indianapolis location, they do have some pretty good food, especially at Adobo. Yum for mexican food. 

 


Ok, mostly this is an update about our weekend since we went fairly incognito. While we did get to enjoy our good friend CD's surprise b-day party, which was amazingly themed Star Wars and full of very fun people; we spent most of the weekend on home improvement. We decided we aren't going to move, we thought we would because there are some thing (amenities) that we don't like about our current place. But when things came right down to it, there was too much to lose in moving. Therefore, we decided what we had been craving was an upgrade and that we could achieve this through some grown-up living. Previous to this, all of our furniture save our couch had been either thrift store purchases or college give aways. While we have always been so grateful for the generosity that had brought us these items, many had fallen into disrepair. Plus, it gets pretty crowded with all those little pieces of furniture which could be replaced by something more functional. Enter a redo!

It took us all weekend to shop, purchase, set up and clean the whole place but it was worth it in the end.



There aren't many pictures of what our set up used to look like but they are below 
Before: 




The after photos are below. These are the double culprit of being blurry and before sun came up. But the new pieces included: 
Bedside tables and chest for the bedroom
Bookcase
Floor Lamp
TV Stand 

In exchange we got to get rid of: 
Besides tables and dresser in bedroom
4 bookcases
1 rickety tv stand 



We feel very luck that we get to make these kinds of purchases and had fun doing it. One more step toward feeling like grown ups, good thing we always have the kid inside:)


One Comment

  1. Way to go-- everything looks lovely! It's such a wonderful feeling, making the space more your own.

    ReplyDelete