What is there to say about January? 

Two birthdays happen in January, my wonderful Dad and my wonderful BB. 

Unfortunately, with my Dad in the AU, we will not be getting to celebrate with him. Hopefully we will instead get to webchat. And hopefully we will get to make the trek ourselves soon (!!!), but more news on that later.

We did get to celebrate with BB in our usual fashion: game playing and noshing and brunches wahoo. 


 

We also dressed up for the first time in a long time. We were DJs for a night and you'd have to see my twitter to really get the full effect.




 Finally, here is what January is really like. Rather than the "fantastic parade of food and beer" one reviewer commented, my life is really more of a hermitage right now:) 

This is purposeful and I gotta say, it is going super well. It involves working out at home instead of making any sort of trek in the freezing weather. It involves watching The West Wing while K plays Skyrim. It involves a lot of cooking things like Roasted Cauliflower or Red Lentil-Pumpkin soup. It involves wearing the Pikachu suit to keep warm.



I'm pretty glad we made January for nothing, fun things are better that way:) We are pumped for LH to come this weekend and KC is making a fine event of the weather just for her. Here is to hanging with the niece and nephew, and KC restaurant week, and more evangelizing The Alamo. 

P.S. In keeping with my P.S. theme I've had going, I think I might try to open up a bit more on here. I know some really cool women that aren't afraid to write real things on their blogs. And I've read some very cool blogs that say very little real things. I'd like to start crossing that line every once in a while. Bear with me everyone and we'll see when exactly I get the courage up for it. Life really is awesome, but it is also real.


2 Comments

  1. A few things: a) you look hottttt in the wedding gig picture. This is almost enough to outweigh b) you look reeedonkulous in the Pika-suit. But most important is c) I'm so happy to hear you feel like your life is in a better balance lately. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Pikachu suit---I need to see this in real life soon. I love reading your blog and I think it's perfectly okay to be open and honest in the best way you feel comfortable. Thankfully, the internet makes being vulnerable a little easier for most. Now..cook me more delicious food! :)

    ReplyDelete