Ok, so this blog has never been very interesting. It is about to get just as much not interesting...

I want to talk about crafts now. I am neither good at crafts nor very creative. I originally did not at all jump on the Pinterest bandwagon but recently, I just can't help myself. I like to do things on the cheap and learn how to paint so here we go house.

So the big cryptic thing that was going on was that I was up for a job that was in a different city. I didn't get it (sad face) because someone else already lived out there and was also up for it. Such is the corporate life. No matter, that just means that we can finally be ok with that fact that we will be staying in the house we are living in for a while. 

That makes me want to do stuff to it! Our house is kind of wildly different in that some rooms are very dark (living room) and some rooms are bright (kitchen). I'd like the whole house to be brighter. I am not a neon, lots of colors kind of person but there are many people I would like to slowly emulate on style and mostly their stuff is bright and they aren't afraid of colors like I am. 

Here are some things I need fixing and my own small list. I'd like for all you crafty people I know to offer up some suggestions as well:) 

Living Room: I want to paint/possibly mod podge the cheap TV stand we bought. There are several tutorials on how to paint particle board/laminate online so I pinned some of those. 
 It looks like this.   And needs to be helped.

(Here is my adorable husband modeling our living room for you)

I also want to redo all our black picture frames to something brighter and lighter.  I have no idea what to do with them.

I'm seriously considering doing this upholstery project on our coffee table...but I also like our coffee table and K isn't wild about it because that is kind of a cool arty coffee table we bought at Good JuJu.

Also, where do I get cool pillows that don't cost a billion dollars or that I could make without a sewing machine?

Kitchen: I bought a bunch of black and chrome accessories when Kyle and I first moved in together. I have no idea why other than to guess that they were always the cheapest things. I want to possibly replace my knife block with a stripe, and do paint on the lids and chalkboard paint on the sides of our chrome and glass canisters. 



Bathroom: You can make shelves, out of baskets. Cool! Also...our bathroom is tiny. 

I will do this anywhere I can find an excuse to, because it is cool and it fulfills things about owning a house that renting can't.


P.S. Thing I'm loving right now is the fact that all my friends that don't get to see enough are also in to blogging. Ya'll I am going to make another confession, I freaking love reading blogs. I am sort of an internet lurker but you can bet I'm reading your stuff and loving it.


4 Comments

  1. I admire your enthusiasm and energy. I got out of the serious crafting game a couple years ago, so I'll just have to admire your creativity and industriousness from afar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Internet Lurking is the "It" verb of 2013

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...I'll pipe-up with my big opinions...
    I love the basket shelf idea, (you'd have to get baskets with a metal frame or some such or they would sag over time)
    I say leave the tv stand as is, I like the way it just blends together with the tv. Mybe do the cute wallpaper thing on the wall behind the whole thing.
    Pillows are always a challenge, World market has cool ones that are cheaper than most. You could just borrow a sewing machine from someone who lives in Australia and can't use it.
    The painted canisters sound cute and charming.
    I've never had a knife strip, so I can't speak to that, but more counter space is always better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachael= on my pintrest board is a no sew idea for pillows that turns out nice.

    ReplyDelete