Things are busy here at the R & K residence. We have opposite schedules so there is a lot less goofing around, but it also makes the time we have a lot more precious. 

I started my new job and I am awash in information. I can't talk much about job things because we are very important and involved in confidential-type things but I love it so far and am excited to start working with my team:) 

K is also working tons, because the news never sleeps, but is loving some new challenges and training he is getting as well. We are such big kids. 

In lieu of pictures from work (it doesn't happen a lot), here is a random amalgamation of the other things we've been doing. 

Number One: Please excuse this picture quality, as I was driving during the shot, but can you believe this sunset? 


Number Two: As part of K's continuing b-day rituals, we hosted a man day with D. After a delicious night of mexican food and board games with a larger crowd of excellent people, D got to try out the futon and service of the R & K little kingdom. The boys played some vintage video games while I made them food like their moms used to and they were delighted in true boy fashion as you can see. 




Don't let those poses fool you, they were giddy like school girls. 

Also, we got to enjoy lunch with K's cutie-pie grandma to finally bring an end to the celebrations. 


Thus, K's birthday month went out with a bang. Next up, my birthday month--> there better be some serious shenanigans planned is all I'm saying :) 

Number Three: K is the best man ever and has stayed true to his word. With my employment comes a time when there will be more equal sharing among domestic tasks, something I have never before experienced. He cleans, he cooks, he helps with the laundry, he sorts and pays the bills, this is a true renaissance man people. I am floored by the cheerful and unasked for participation and love my "modern" relationship. Witness how cute we are making a meal we planned for, shopped for and cooked together. 




Luckiest. Girl. In. The. World. 


3 Comments

  1. I love you. Anything I could ever do for you, you trump in awesomeness by like 23,000 for me. Thanks for being so amazing!
    David and I are zoning out hard after some tasty food, and kicking Donkey Kong Country's butt all morning.

    Also, that chicken and salsa was de-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are frickin hilarious all slouched out on the couch. Love it!

    Dang, sounds like you guys are off to a great start householding together, which is fantastic 'cause that's no easy task. Believe me, I was hell to live with the first year. ;)

    ReplyDelete