Photo dumpapalooza needs to be explained. These are all bad photos.....the end:) 

Before I jump in to K's birthday celebrations can I also just say that I got to babysit Princess Nithi and her little friends this week and what a treat. I don't have one non-blurry photo of them but it was adorable seeing them all romp around together. It really has been years since I've been in a whole group of little kids (whhhaa?) and they all played so well together and had a giant giggly mess of fun. Honestly, this reminded me of my sisters and I when we were little, bossing each other, telling on each other but fiercely loving each other too.




What fun! 

Ok, on to K's birthday celebration. This weekend K got a whole four days off, for much birthday celebrating. We kicked it off by going to see the Harry Potter midnight showing Thursday night. It was spectacularly awesome. We went with K's friend T, bought candy at the grocery store and got our own limited edition 3D glasses to keep, which turns out to be beneficial as well as very rad as they are much more comfortable than the standard fare. We went to see the show that started with Part 1 at 9, then released part 2 at midnight. Annnddd, since we are nerds and wanted good seats, we got there at 7. So, if you can't do math, we were at that movie theatre seven and a half hours. I very much loved the last movie though, and that is saying something because I didn't really like most of these movies, though I clearly adore the book series. 



Friday we headed to the lake with (K and J) and (L and F). We eagerly did everything we could, including game playing, reading, floating in the relaxation station (Costco rocks that apparently!), tubing (which made K and I sore), taking pontoon rides, riding the wave runner, cooking etc. It was really fun and what a great way to kick off some steam. We have been saving the large bulk of our vacation for the  wedding so it was so lovely of K and J to host this little getaway. 

Some choice pictures from the event include Odie trying to keep cool


K with a signature Rolling Rock, our cheap beer of choice this season.

]
The birthday boy and his candles. Consequently this story is something of a disaster but it turns out to be something K loved anyway. I tried to pick up an ice cream cake on the way to the lake at DQ, but the one we looked up was closed. Went to the grocery store there and they didn't sell cakes, bought him ice cream which got melty in the malfunctioning freezer. I ended up sticking those gosh darn candles in a bowl of melty ice cream and we all supped. 



Yeah, I'm going to buy him an ice cream cake on his real birthday still though


This...is the face of a girl who just stole an early bite of breakfast. 


J poses with the fruit.....and some of K's delicious chocolate zucchini bread. 

To top it all off, we spent yesterday with B, who came to town to go to the Reel Big Fish concert with K. I believe they had tons of fun as they came home sweaty and grinning. Before I dropped them off I also got to chaperone dinner at what is quickly becoming one of our favorite places Beer Kitchen . I always love a good gastropub. 

Speaking of food that is bad for you, we had one last hurrah tonight after my work/on his dinner break when we made a dinner date at Pizza 51 . We had never tried it before, but this is where all the cool kids from UMKC go. I was pleasantly surprised by a pretty light pizza. Here are some photos of us chowing down. 





The wedding highlights of this post are that my Marmi is a goddess. She has been sewing away on a dress that must remain secret, but is totally fabulous already. I am pretty excited that we dipped below the 100 days mark and will be printing up some invites come next with my sis LP. Also, been looking up the average October temps. Last year, between 77 and 65 on our date. Year before, between 54 and 43.....umm crazy Fall here we come! 


One Comment

  1. There is so much here to love! First, love that the little girls are always a blur in your photos-- gives a real sense of how much they move around. Second, custom 3D glasses?! OMG, so cool. :) Finally, you and K are unbelievably adorable, as ever. Sheesh. ;)

    ReplyDelete