In importing my recent photos (taken from my phone, shame on me for never charging my lovely camera's battery lately), I realized that these are all about food. I'm taking this as a good sign of all the fun times we've been having. 

Before I tantalize 'all my reader's' taste buds though, I must preface this with the fact that we have also been having lots of exercise to counteract this. We have still been riding, including some very fun rides with Mom and Dad and training for the BikeMS also. 

However, the fun part is the food. 

Witness, our 4th of July celebration. We had crappy food at Cheeseburger in Paradise (ew, and in all honesty, we went there looking for a bathroom:) Really, K convinced (see, he thought I didn't know what he was doing) me to go to Nebraska furniture mart (which was closed) to fake shop for T.V's (which we aren't buying, unless somebody dies and leaves us tons of money, in the hopes there would surprisingly be some blow out sale for the 4th with a deal I wouldn't be able to pass up (it is fun to dream). 

However, K got a milkshake and was therefore happy 


The one cool day last week I spent a little time baking. I took a recipe a work friend gave me for the German Bierock and modified it, american man style (i.e. what I had in my cupboard). It ended up like a shepard's pie in a soft roll. K went crazy in love with these. 





We also hit up the Westport Food Truck Festival with the awesome L and F  and had a great time despite the serious heat. It could also be the fond memories of sitting with this food in our bellies while watching HP 1 with the commentary of Wizard People, Dear Reader 


A delicious Asada taco and alternately totally blah chicken taco



Fried catfish (pretty darn good, I've never had this) 

L's nachos, which all declared as 'How could they possibly make this taste this bad' 



K with his pretty darn good Philly Cheesesteak. 

Not pictured here was a cookies and cream cupcake from Ms. Nene's cupcakes and it was really good. I wouldn't say it was as good as my fav Cupcakes a la Mode, but it was much lighter and delicate, and therefore much more welcome in the 100 degree weather. Dear Westport, next time you want people to eat, don't charge 5 bucks for entry AND 5 bucks for beer, and invest in some umbrella rental:) 

All in all it was a wonderful time. 

This post's wedding sneak peak is of two of the DIY (i.e. thrift store items plus glue) stands for the dessert table. 



We have been trying to get all the rentals down this month. We also received our AMAZING invitation from awesome , which we are very excited to send out. If you missed the seriously numerous posts, check out the engagement picture gallery where you can see pictures for awesome L, a la the link to wedding website on the right hand navigation. 

Until next time!


One Comment

  1. Mmmmm, I wish I had a Rachel-ified German Bierock RIGHT NOW! They look delicious. :)

    You're inspiring me to drag my sorry behind downtown to where the food trucks regularly park!

    The cake stands are beautiful....but they don't even *compare* to the engagement shots. Dang you kids look good in those. On a related note, I can tell K is a good man by the way he so sweetly poses for dorky food pics. :)

    ReplyDelete