My husband is so bad ass.


Also, you should know that we show our love through the immortal language of television. He made me a West Wing valentine, I made him a Parks and Rec "April in the a heart says, 'I hate everyone but you'" 

I have already taken to hiding this from myself but I'm guessing it will be getting me through the long winter months until...well June basically. 

Lat night we went about recreating our first valentine date and that is just my style (Hello, I love repeats). First up, Diner burgers. After considering Winsteads (ok I know, I'm from KC and I don't really like Winsteads) K took me to Five Guys after I admitted I hadn't been there. 

This man is tricksie as he knew the secret that I didn't and happily let me order what I thought would be a cheeseburger. After he got one also, the man at the counter yells back "Four Patties" and I knew something was amiss. 
 Cutest Valentine Ever. 

Blissfully unaware 


 Apparently at this fine establishment when you said "burger" what they hear is, "Two burgers please."

When the order came up K was gleeful at my wide eyes and "I've never eaten a double patty anything!" (which is a lie, because I remembered he made me eat a Big Mac once when he found out I hadn't had one).

 Staring down the beast. 


Ok so it wasn't that dramatic. It was good for Diner burger but no, I didn't eat the whole thing and yes, I felt a little embarrassed holding it, which is probably sad for me and my hippie loving ways. 

K: So how do you like it? 

R: It is pretty good. I mean it has that whole old fashioned thing but I am not super into that, because it doesn't make me like...remember my childhood days or something. 

K: It does to me. 

R: I would need some good old fashioned Zucchini Oatflake Loaf for that and I'm pretty sure only my Mom can make it. 

So anyway, K must continue on his quest to turn me into a 'Murican. ;)


Second stop, Barnes and Noble. I got a new copy of 'Little Women', because mine is in tatters and that have those cute "classics" which I can't pass up, and 'American Gods' by Neil Gaiman. 

K got 'Tough Sh*t' by Kevin Smith. 

This is us. 


Yay Love Day. Tomorrow, we are going bowling, a thing which we have failed to do every year since we got together. This year...reservations folks. Yeah, because apparently you need those just to go bowling. Midwest for the win.


One Comment