So the title of this post is misleading. I don't actually have any pictures of a very fun wedding we went to this weekend, except for the awesome ones from the photo booth that are bouncing around facebook. In the mean time I will explain that we had a very busy three day weekend. 

It all started with lots of sick people (i.e. the two that live there) in the house.


 Then we started to get to leave the house and thing were looking up. The weather got nicer and so did the view


 I started cooking again (Baja fish tacos, which K pretended he could happily eat and then really couldn't)


 Then we spent a really fun two days catching up with people we hadn't seen in a long time and watching B and R get hitched! An excellent time was had by all and we didn't screw up with DJ'ing too bad (it was all the Bossy Uncle's fault)

 And THEN I made the craziest cake in existence for BB's birthday. Holla from Baton Rouge when you eat this thing. The Doberge: eight layers filled with home made stirred chocolate custard, covered with chocolate butter cream and topped with a poured chocolate icing. That thing almost got the better of me. It looked a little bad at the end, and the last frosting wasn't perfect but it tasted pretty ok. It was worth it for BB's birthday because I had to poor all my love and longing into a cake as she will soon be gone ;)


(can you tell K took the above picture...yeah I'm not that tall) 


We got to spend some quality time with Momma R and Papa R this Sunday while I laughed over childhood memories (see: cleaning out boxes of crap) and watched some football. Soon we will be prepping to send them off to the AU and I can't think about it too hard of it makes me a little sad. 
This week will be about trying to find some time to swim (stupid gym hours) and then it is a road trip off to J and KR's place:)


2 Comments

  1. Wow, way to conquer that cake-- impressive! Why couldn't K eat fish tacos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well K has some difficulty learning to like Fish. Turns out, it makes him kind of sad when fish makes its way in to Mexican food :)

    ReplyDelete