And it is January. I don't know WTF is going on but I am alternately scared or loving it. Today we washed all our cars (three now, since we now are the proud owners of my parents' Prius!) and it was gorgeous outside. 

Actually it has been a great weekend all around. We had C and S over this weekend for movies and mexican. We had a make your own quesadilla bar, watched movies and played games and all around had tons of fun. 



Look at this cute present S got us, yeah I wrote that dorky smoopy message, go away if you don't like it. 



Aren't they cute:) The night naturally ended with S and I sleep cuddling on the couch...because we are either very old or very young:) 


We also had an Ihop date courtesy of a gift certificate from Mama K. Look how happy he is about it. 


I ordered chicken and waffles since I had never had these. K was NOT impressed that these were just chicken tenders and a waffle. This would not do, therefore he took me to a place recommended by a trusted colleague for the real deal. It was delicious, and the people there were the nicest we've run in to in a long time: Nieces 


K of course got the country fried steak, plus his first encounter with grits. I could only eat about half of my giant chicken and waffles plate, but K of course finished it. 

I also managed to make some totally delicious soup. Love my cooking light subscription and the time to cook things. 

Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup. 



Last weekend with J and KR was very legend...wait for it....dary. The recap is that we went and saw art, had delicious brewery food, make tons of yummy pizza, played lots of games, made new friends and saw old friends and three dogs and ate more delicious brunch! My K and JR also made some art while KR and I took a nap and ate marshmallows, ah to be with our better halves ;) I won't repost all the pictures that I've already put on Google+ but it was so fun to get to catch up with them and we sincerely hope we will one day live in the same city again. 


Settles of Catan! This was first introduced to us by the game aficionados L and F and now is consistently at the top of our list. 


JR and I might have some trouble with competitiveness;) 

And last but not least, some random pictures from other happenings. The cake that was made by me for my lovely B's birthday. It conquered me and did not turn out pretty but at least it tasted ok. 



We also got to see K's friend BJ at his gig at Czar Bar, which was very fun. Check out his tunes if you'd like, because we enjoyed them. 


 February so far is shaping up with a Valentine's date already on the books, my last business trip to Indianapolis (yay) and a Superbowl get together. January leaves me sad but excited as I already miss my padres who are settling down in Australia and B, who has taken off for India and Thailand. As my sis is soon leaving for Switzerland (at least just for a short visit) I feel like my heart is a little strung out. 

We are, however, at least planning a little trip to San Francisco come Spring Break time, since I'll be there at a conference on translation bioinformatics. K and I will get to see the sites and sneak in a visit to my uncle. 


3 Comments

  1. Oh sis, your life is so blessed with wonderful people and happy times. It's a pleasure simply to live vicariously through you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Love to see these posts, although they make me really hungry. I'm glad you guys have so many nice friends and fun things to do.

    ReplyDelete