Ok, so I haven't posted in a long time. I can say with certainty this is part laziness and part fear of blogging. I won't call this a reboot because I've done that too many times but I did  redo the layout and will try to do better with updating as I have a terrible memory and it would be nice if I had a little bit of a record of what has happened. 

I've given up on having a blog that is one of those reads that strangers will want to stumble upon because there are cute little Pintrest collages of awesome clothes or artful photos of my healthy and delicious cooking adventures or cute pictures of my pets and babies. I just barely mastered shopping for clothes and we have to take lifestyle baby steps everybody. 

 I sound defensive but really it is just that I'm resigned. I'm super happy that there are amazing blogs out there that I anxiously wait for updates on (This, and This , oh and this )  but I don't feel like mine will be one of them except maybe to my family.  Maybe someday this will turn into something that will illicit more bloggy swoons, but in the mean time, here is the best I've got. 

I'm hoping K will help me with providing some better pictures because the quality is too damn low. I have not yet informed him of this initiative however, so that is just a hope for the future. 

I'll try not to duplicate photos that I've already posted to google+ so hopefully we'll get more behind the scenes here:D 

Speaking of hopes for the future, here is what we have been up to. 

I got a new job, then it promptly got changed on me. I'm currently dealing with the fallout from that. However, I hope to be able to navigate the corporate waters all the way to a PMP certification. 

K has some new prospects on the rise. I'll keep them under the hood for now but we're hoping for good news soon. 

This summer has been a whirlwind of house parties, weddings, moving, crafts and grilling. My hopes for Fall are similar and will hopefully lead up to a winter of hermitage where K and I can hole up and chill out. 
 
Coming up this month we are throwing a big ol' Halloween party at Chez Bs and the prep has started early. 

 The kitties at Chez Bs had to get some heated beds already. Hello weather I love you.

 Our pile of crafts and decorations. Things will be epic.

Making paper bats. We got a little giddy just with this. 

I even bought a few Halloweeny things myself at the dollar section of Target. This is a sad little vignette, if you wanna check out someone who really does decorating for the holidays up check out this lady.



Anyway, here is to Fall and smaller, more frequent posts in the future. Don't laugh if that fails again friends!


3 Comments

  1. Welcome back, sweetie. Try to forget about the gaps. Your small but very loyal and enthusiastic audience loves you and will always be here when the spirit moves you to post. :)

    PS *SO* wish I could come to your partay. I fickin' love Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) You have so aptly described my blogging MO that it's scary. Wowza.
    2) Brett and I are thinking of ways that I can attend the Halloween party. The paper bats might have sealed the deal for me.
    3) Excellent post. Also feel the same way about my shitty iPhone pics but I'm trying to learn to love it!

    ReplyDelete