So when I say fun size, clearly I'm lying. 

This is a monster post of monster pictures because we had a Halloween blast. 

Let's start at the beginning. I went to a work party. The costume theme was either your favorite science teacher or a mythical creature. Ya'll I was so on theme it hurts. No one knew who I was.  


  

 Several people guessed pepperoni. I'm not going to publish who I actually was so you can feel extra special if you know. 

My valiant husband K, however, wore his trusty Ghostbusters uni and won us first prize. 

I've also been hyping the festivities B and I have been planning. We had a huge party and did it up right. Here are some of my favorite shots.

 G and K carving pumpkins

B liked this little guy because he wasn't very messy. 
 
We had a black light room with spooky punch and a delicious keg that went all the way dry. 


 There are too many decorations to really document but man did the house look cool!

 A serious spread for serious eaters.

 Another less than obvious costume from me. Someone said the Beefeater guy...I'm not the Beefeater guy.

 Have you ever seen a cuter husband? 

 B and G, clearly winning at costumes. 



 Good Time Charley played, excellent fun.

Overall, huge success. There was much dancing and frivolity and mixing of unlikely groups of friends. 

Unfortunately, I got very sick afterwards. I had been fighting a cold all day Saturday but I knew I wasn't going to miss this. Partying the night away sent me right over the edge. 

After, we went to clean up on Sunday and then B and I shared some seriously delicious nachos from FreeBirds 


Then my days started to look like this. 


The ladies in my family will know what this means. It is the signature sick people food in our house, soft boiled eggs on toast and a Juice Sparkler (juice and sprite). 

I recovered mostly last night, just in time to carve the best pumpkin I've done yet. 

Ladies and gents, I present for your viewing pleasure, Dobby the House Elf.  


K also got to carve some more, as he made a Pokeball and an angry bird from his baby pumpkins. 


Tonight I think we'll finally take it easy. Hopefully we will get some neighbor kids trick or treating, we'll hand out some candy and find a vaguely Halloweenish movie to watch. 


2 Comments

  1. Best party ever. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all you were OBVI Mary Poppins! Secondly, love the juice sparkler. One of my favorite things.. Also- gosh you're cute!

    ReplyDelete