Ok, I know what date it is. But we have many other Christmas engagements so we almost always do our very own Christmas early. 

Also, K can usually barely wait. This year was no different as our own celebrations were slated for tonight. He is cute ok, how could you deny it? 

First, today was a snow day. This meant comfortably working from home for me. It meant the opposite for K, who had to go in about two hours early and spent 8 straight hours live on the air with the production team. Woof. 



Naturally, I welcomed him home with some Thai Chicken Noodle Soup (Yum! This is one of the few recipes I re-make and you can find it here, at cooking light)



Then, we got a special delivery from the my ah-mazing sister. 

 K had so much glee opening his presents from sis who drew him in the family draw. 
She did superb and he repeatedly exclaimed "This is just what I wanted!"



 She also wins the award for remembering to send cute little stocking stuffers as well! Eg. look at these magnets, there is so much hipster joy! 

I can't believe how many Christmases we've had thus far. 4 since we've been together, 3rd since we started living together, 2nd as a married couple. K is still doing an amazing job btw. He doesn't love the wrapping part, but I don't hold this against him, guess whose pile is whose:) 



And we both miraculously ended up getting each other a card game and a Blu-Ray set, HP for me, Batman for him:) 

Also, watch him delighting my nerdy little heart. 




Yeah, that is a necklace which is a working hobbit hole door! This has a story beyond my general love of Tolkein. It also has to do with that fact that during our first few years together I saw this amazing work of architecture and begged K to one day build me a hobbit hole to live in with our babies.

K always makes good:)


Also, he is probably not ACTUALLY excited about this white board, but I am. So the thing about K is that he CANNOT remember what is available for him to eat in the fridge. It is like a blind spot: if we didn't eat it THAT DAY he is unaware of things inside tupperware. Therefore, this whiteboard will live on the fridge door, announcing for my forgetful husband what is available (and expected) for consumption. Yay! Honestly, this one is a little bit for me folks. 


We finished the night with some cocoa and peanut butter toast while we played the game I got him, Settles of Catan for 2:) He loves settlers and it is hard to find people who are dorky enough to play this with, so we needed a two person game.



What a magical little life I have.


3 Comments

  1. Wah-- so much cute! I dig the whiteboard solution to refrigerator-specific "man blindness". ;) In our house, I am amazing at a game we call "Where's My...?" but that requires us both being there at the same time. ;) Can't wait so see your hobbit necklace in person; I love the look on your face (and your cute PJs). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm glad Kyle liked his stuff. I had fun picking it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! Cutest little couple-Christmas EVER!!

    ReplyDelete