This is the story of a cake. 

 Things started off well because I went ahead and took the easy road, using store bought cake and frosting (gasp). I've basically never done this, but making a cake during the week is difficult. 

 Then I proceeded to do what I always do....which is mess with the instructions so much that I make it impossible to succeed.


Luckily, my husband came in and let me yell at him for a few minutes, giving me just the breather I needed to rethink the situation and save it (with a lot of frosting). 

My niece, totally worth it.

She wolfed down the mainly frosting mess with glee. At one point, her Mom asked her "Are you ok? Are you going to puke" to which her muffled reply was, "No Mom, I'm just breathing." 


Pictures of the birthday celebration to follow.

P.S. This blog got a much needed make-over. I discovered Google+ photo filters and picmonkey and just hipster-fied the whole thing to death. Yay.


2 Comments

  1. A behind the scenes peek at making birthday fun. I can't believe there's no reality/competition show about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you and your hipster-ized blog. ;) I'm sorry to hear the cake making was such a pain in the hind end, but it came out looking great!

    ReplyDelete