Hi friends. I did it again. I haven't blogged in a while. 

We are trying to have a winter of hermitage and if I were still teaching I would give us a C right now.

Sure we read the instructions and participate every once in a while, but clearly we need to be making a more concerted effort. 

I think that effort will either significantly pick up come Jan/Feb, or be totally forgotten depending on some secret news (no...I'm not pregnant. Apparently whenever I say secret news this is the assumption people make. Don't worry, if I was stalking you online (I probably am) I would guess that too).

Anyway, woo for the holidays. Here is a brief list of things that we have been doing in the last month that I should have been taking better pictures of:

1. Had Friendsgiving. So delicious!

 I made those pies. This is the first year they were satisfactory even to me. Thanks ATK.

 B's shyest cat even cuddled me. Love you Herm. 

Da Bird.

 Plenty. 

 Nothing like playing Kinect Dance Party on a full stomach. We rocked it anyway and my husband...pretty darn good at this game.
2. Went on vacation (clearly these pics are K's stolen from FB, a couple of my faves)

 Hiking up to the Royal Arch. 

 Cue. T!
 Being Hipstery in the old Union Station. 

 Dat Arch. 

The Natural History museum. I loved it. 
Colorado is great. Boulder is great. More vacation please.

3. Had more hangout time with B and G. They are awesome and we actually stayed up late with them.....they were impressed.

4. Bought many Christmas presents online. 

5. Decorated for Christmas.

 That is the only decorative item we could agree on to buy other than garland.....it is also a tree and is the same color as everything else in our house. I'm not a very great decorator.

 Yeah we cut down that tiny little Christmas tree on our own.

6. Saw the Hobbit. It was very beautiful but too long. It made me miss the rest of my nerdy family to be seeing a Tolkein movie without them.  I used to rush home from middle school or high school to see the others on opening day with the whole clan. It always signaled the beginning to an excellent holiday season. Of course, things change and I no long have weeks at a time off of work/school, so here is hoping that we can still have some fun over the internets:)



 Here is one of those classic pictures I take that have no value and is of us driving somewhere:)


I'm going to try hard to take pictures of the holidays, which won't be difficult as we see our cutie pie niece and nephew. There will also be lots of food which is always motivating for me. 


4 Comments

  1. Did you see The Hobbit in high frame rate mode?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did, I feel...medium about it. Worth it for the big scenes, kind of distracting for the people/creatures.

      Delete
  2. Still wish I could have tried your pies, love your pics from Boulder, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will make you pies! I miss you too, so glad you will be here in a few short weeks:)

    ReplyDelete