Oops. It has been a while since I posted, but that is almost exclusively because I have not charged my camera battery and it is in the socket sucking up juice right now, so I promise to reform:) 

I listened to NPR's This American Life this morning during my drive home in the rain, and am inspired to bring you a series of stories. Each week on our show we choose a theme and bring you a variety of stories on that theme. This week: "Everybody Says the Darndest Things" 

Ok, so it isn't the best theme but it at least showcases that I am surrounded by hilarity, and it is not just the kids. Would you like a preview? In the Hallmark store this weekend, picking out a mother's day card for K's grandmother (on the way to meet them of course) We find a cute little card with a hamster dressed as a rockstar sporting the tag line "I'm your Biggest, Rowdiest Fan"-->Highly appropriate for K, who instantly decides to buy it up. The description on the place holder for said card? "From preteen boy to grandmother" 

You see what I'm talkin about.  I would like to recount the other things that happen to me in the spirit of....I'm always laughing nowadays. 

First: We are still mega excited about our new place. We signed the lease and at K's insistence went to take what he refers to as "measurements". Do not confuse this with any tool, no measuring tape to be found. He is talking about this: 








Needless to say I have a wide variety of hilarious poses that I won't include because I am nice to my BF.


Amid the excitement about the new place, we also bought our first new item. And it was NEW new, not from the thrift store! Payed halvsies also because we are fair like that. We own pretty much nothing for the kitchen, instead surviving on whatever amalgamation of mishmash our roommates have had. In K's word's "Now you won't have to whine and moan every time you try to cook...Let's go home and cut some stuff" 


Two: I really wish I had pictures, but I believe L said she had some video that I might have to gank. We have had two visits with Miss Nithi and I gotta say I am loving her new antics. She was running around with pigtails and a pink dress last night showing off her moves. By far the best is what her engineer Daddy calls "Rotating". She has taken to spinning, but this is no ordinary spinning. First, she usually has at least a blanket or sippy cup in hand, possibly an animal to keep her company. Then, she assumes the correct facial expression: eyes looking in the direction opposite to the rotation, face scrunched in a would-be angry face. Then, she gets about the business of getting dizzy until she falls down. It is the funniest thing ever. I don't have video but here is a cute picture anyway. 



Yep, she is the boss. 

Three: Finally, I have to tell what happens when K comes home from work. For instance, last night it was 11:30 p.m.; you'd think he would be tired. Instead, he set about enacting his own special brand of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". It all started with my lovely mother, who sent home some delicious home-made whoopie pies.


He had never heard of these and spent a good five minutes asking me to explain them and what I had learned about their Amish origins. Then, of course, he applied the only relevant fact he had concerning said delicacy: Louis Armstrong. You know what I'm talking about. What followed was no simple rendition of this song, but instead a honing of his mimicry skills. He considers his Louis impression to be nothing short of brilliant, and urged me to join in the fun. And by urged I mean a solid ten minutes of wheedling in the hopes of witnessing any hilarious attempts I might make at lowering my registry a good octave and a half. 

My abs got a respectable workout from laughing at this delightful man. 




That wraps up our show this week. Here's hoping someone awesome made you laugh. If not, take a gander at this.  


5 Comments

  1. i just *love* you two. also, that knife set puts the fear of god in me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have your cake pan, when/where should I give it back to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahaha-- you guys are cracking me up with your "measurements".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish you would have done your Louis impression more. Hahahaha love them Whoopie Pies!

    Also, looks like my shirt may be a bit too tiny to raise my arms up all the way. ooooops

    Can't wait to move in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many KUs (std. Kyle Units) is the deck?

    ReplyDelete