We are going for a ride. 

So many things are happening. Not just today, which started with an excellent adventure with K to find cinnamon rolls but ended up in a trip to Lamar's (brings back childhood memories). Yesterday we went apartment shopping and we think we found a place. It is so daunting apartment shopping in a "big" city rather than a college town. It is a pretty big kid move on our part and I just hope we did our homework correctly. 

In other awesome news, I have an interview for a job that I would absolutely LOVE. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but it is pretty hard. The semester is coming to a close and I would love to be able to answer the question that will come out of everyone's mouths "So what are you going to do with your Master's?" Also, the question that will come out of my landlord's mouth "Where is the rent?" 

The downside to all this, however, is that I finally have begun to realize we won't be living very close to any of our friends. Most of them are moving away or we are moving away from them. Thus ends the beauty of a college lifestyle, in which everyone lives in a really close vicinity. K is going to have to help me on the making new friends front because I am not very good at that unless forced to do so through repeated close quarters. Also, I hope we will still get to visit people.

Anyway, May promises to have big things what with graduation, weddings, moving and new jobs. As Jim would say "Lord, beer me strength" 



One Comment

  1. You guys can be a great hub if you want. People will be drawn to KC like a tractor beam, inexplicably finding themselves at your cool new apartment on every free weekend. They will arrive in a daze, hang with you and K, and leave feeling peaceful and contented. It'll be amazing. Like alien zen.

    ReplyDelete