Hello all. It has been a while, this will probably be a messy post as I attempt to weave a "what's been happening" post with a "my thoughts" post. 

First, what's been happening. The events have happily mainly included fun with J&K. Friday night we went to the baseball game, my second ever professional sporting event. I enjoyed it immensely because there was delicious food and some beer. I got a foot long hot dog as part of my American Ball Park experience, which dripped mustard and ketchup all over me but was still delicious. K also bought me a Funnel Cake which was another first. The result of that interaction was that I decided I would rather just have a doughnut, same ingredients, more delicious. The fireworks were also much more amazing than I expected and it didn't rain on us.


Yeah, that's my Q.T. BF. 



How was your eight dollar beer? Apparently awesome. 



Don't mess with JR. KL on the other hand, is not afraid of him. 



Total Fun Having 

 In other news, my Mom, sis LP and I threw a wedding shower for the lady K, which was so fun that I didn't get any pictures. It was very lady like and LP was delighted to decorate and make delicious hours de vours. There was game playing and present opening and I hope it was a successful first step in my true MOH duties. Woohoo! Bring on the parties, I'm getting this stuff down. 

Second, my thoughts. It has still been pretty hectic lately but the good news is that I submitted my electronic Thesis today. It cost a pretty sum, but it is in there so I am done with it. That is exciting. Also, K has some time off and we will be looking at apartments and modestly celebrating our 6 month anniversary (yeah, I know) maybe with dinner on Thursday. There will be updates. 

I am on the job hunt, which is hopeful yet constantly discouraging and lately I find myself building into these waves of anxiety. I cry for reasons unspecified and then try to quench the feelings of elation when I find a job I can apply for that would be really good for me. I am still trying to nail down that "Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst" thing, as I mainly get stuck on the second half. 

Let me tell you what though, I've got some excellent people. Friends and family have been very supportive and I know I have it better off than a lot of people in this economy with less prospects. I am just hoping that all my M.A. work won't end up getting me nowhere, so the search continues. 

Meanwhile, this guy is the most awesome thing ever. 


This is him in Target, when he saw a giant sword in the toy aisle, gasped "Oh...My...God" and immediately wanted me to sword fight. I decided to just take pictures instead, but the next thirty minutes were spent wandering in toys, investigating while I *gently* reminded him of our time crunch. I love that he makes me stop in the toys, he is my hope for continuing to be and appreciate fun instead of wallowing in self pity and stress.


We also make breakfast in bed a lot, which helps. This time we watched one of our newly 'splurgy' purchased "Oceans" movies, 4 for 1 collection, on his new monitor Jolene and ate the multigrain Eggos he bought me for the weekend. I mean....perfection. 




One Comment

  1. Adorable! As always. :)

    Ballpark hotdogs are rarely as good as I want them to be. Glad the Royals concessionaires were able to cook up something delicious!

    I am sending you all the good luck waves I can muster for your job search. Patience, my dear. The "could be worse" argument is rarely satisfying, but seriously, you're not even out of school yet. People spend months looking in this economy. I have faith!

    ReplyDelete