So this winter I was sick for something like three months and apparently lost a tidy sum of weight as a result. It was clearly bitter sweet. However, the pertinent part of this story is that my lovely friend girl K is getting married soon and I got fitted for a dress during this magical time of skinniness. 

Then my thesis happened. 

Then the dress came. 

It fits. 

Barely. 

So....I'm back to working out regularly, which I was going to do anyway until I die, this is just good motivation. However, while I still love sweets and must remember that I should be eating Half if that of what my tall, skinny, buff 23 year old boyfriend eats, this is a story of triumph. I went to the gym today ,got on the treadmill and ran two miles continuously. I haven't run in years and am not at all built for it naturally so that was pretty cool. Grasping the little stuff. 


Still must try not to eat cereal when I come home though. 


5 Comments

  1. Put your hands in the air and yell da-da-ta-da! Like Nithya does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I can't run 2 miles continuously. You were determined! And you're going to look fab no matter what, so don't you worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I hope you are feeling all the primary benefits: energy, strength, and flexibility. I find thinking about body shape is emotionally complicated, but thinking about how good I feel physically is simple and lasting. Way to go on the running, I know I'd pass out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I just started my workout routine again too... only mine was because I QUICKLY packed on some pounds after the wedding day... oh boy how being in happy, in love and COMFORTABLE can sneak up on you! LOL So yea, we can do it together! =)

    ReplyDelete