Ok, can I just start by joining in the "weather is so weird here" conversation. The other day it was 70's faux-suede yellow outside and I took a couple pictures. Our plants are not going to do so well if it doesn't start behaving and being sunny and warm like it is supposed to be. Get it together KC. 



In culinary news, K has some days off now (as opposed to the three job days) and he has been joining in to cook with/for me. It is awesome. I like to be able to cook for other people and have already fully broken in the new kitchen, but it is much more fun when someone helps. It makes it an experiment....and the dirty dishes disappear more quickly. 

This man made me chocolate chip banana pancakes in the morning. 


Then we made "The Kielbasi Shakedown" Adapted from a camping recipe, I told him that my brother-in-law always comes up with clever and inventive names for his dishes, and so the shakedown began. While this man may still be learning some differences between a kitchen and a campfire, it was superb. I made fresh basil and garlic parmesan bread to go with and it was a delicious little feast. 




It was every bit as fun as going out to eat. 

Speaking of which, updates to come include hopefully good news from the two job interviews I had this week
 progress on living things 
and one fish,TWO fish, the fish that live with us. 


2 Comments

  1. I'm wearing shorts I promise! Also, love this blog! We should post fish pics very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, fishies! Are you raising them for future cooking adventures? ;)

    ReplyDelete