I found my camera cord! This means I am back to inundate your lives with information about mine:) 

We are post move here and amid unpacking. It has been such a busy time that I can't help but whisk you through a litany of our recent events. 


[A taste of the moving menu, gratis from our rental insurance agent] 

We had excellent adventures at the newly dubbed "R's" wedding. As MOH and GF of the BM/DJ we were quite busy (Yes, I picked up some wedding lingo during my laughable but necessary wedding research). It was a touching ceremony, an excellent party and a fond farewell to our twice over mutual friends. We had fun telling stories from the girls side (salons etc.) to the boys side (brewery tours etc.) The bride was beautiful and we neither of us butchered our speeches so all in all a successful step for our friends the R's 



There was also a great cook-off. Once my fun-loving mom and sis LP got wind of K's love of chicken fried steak, they whole-heartedly decided to join in the American fun. Neither of them having ever made this classic dish, they decided to take on the challenge equally handicapped and went head to head in a cook-off. The results were delectable and the men had fun scoring up the results. They were both excellent, especially given they had never tried their hands at this sort of steak (I finally figured out whether it was steak or chicken, it is cow people) 



Another plus of our move is that we've enjoyed our new location and thus have gotten in some more quality family time. Swimming with the vivacious Nithi was my recent treat and trial, given her nerves of steel as she attempts to leap right in and get to paddlin. She has no fear and loves every second of it, making her squirmy delight an adventure of the best sort. LP's neighborhood saltwater pool was fun and we can't wait to have them over to our new pool in turn. 





And last but not least I must reiterate my love of the warm weather. We took a day out of packing to make the trek for gardening supplies. Given our modest budget, you'd be surprised how giddy we got over the teensy seedlings now in our charge. I love having living things around, and given our new forest surroundings, there is no end in sight. For now, pictures of our new little cuties that lay in danger of ardent over-watering at the moment from our furtive efforts. 



Topsy Turvy Tomatoes! 


Impatients (pretty apt given my nature...get it?) 



The future home of our strawberry plants


Window herbs are all the rage



Geranium in a cracked fishbowl, reuse and recycle everybody 

That does it. The weekend update stands thusly: pretty darn happy as usual. Ever since I struck out on my own and K came into my life, things are pretty peachy no matter the obstacle. While I am bracing myself for the stress that comes with two new interviews next week, I also get to delight over the ability to bake bread in the awesomeness of what, after only about a week, has already become home. 



3 Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my friend, are looking gorgeous. You wear blissfulness well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that last pic of you is SO cute!!! I just love your hair. Congrats on the place and have fun unpacking... when we moved it seemed to never end! LOL

    ReplyDelete