So, there is a bit of a habit I have picked up. Ladies in my family, you know what I'm talking about. 
It is called Microwave Mess and today it reared its ugly head. 


Since I feel too guilty to buy actual candy, I make a "chocolate" mess in the microwave to eat in my stress. Unhealthy if there ever was a behavior/food. 

I am sure there is some graceful, responsible way I could be doing this whole process. In fact, it sounds like something I would say as I tell myself "You feel so much better if you just work out" or "Eating fresh foods would ultimately make you feel better" and while I feel relatively ok with the the fact that I had a pretty grown up day of eating my wheaties and carrots and oranges....I also made a microwave mess. 

But the truth is that I began productively writing/editing instead of poking my eyes out. I will deal with what is becoming known as The Thesis Tummy later. 





One Comment

  1. Oh lordy, I love you, girl. :) I laughed so hard when I saw this. So did Tom-- he said we could just swap my face in for yours and that "I'm enjoying my Microwave Mess, but still feeling a little guilty" picture could easily be me! I rarely have the 'good' ingredients to make a chocolate mess, so it's all about raisins, coconut, nuts, oats, maple syrup, whatever I can find. But you're SO. RIGHT. Working out and eating right is just way better for your health and productivity. I'm trying to get back on the wagon. We can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete