This morning was an awesome walk to school, despite my slow start to the day (do you lean up against the wall in the shower with your eyes closed, hoping it is a dream?)

The smell is the most amazing part of walking in/after rain in the Spring. Something about those tiny splashes of H2O releases all the good things about dirt and grime, the sand and salt on the roads, the normally greasy pools of sludge. All those things smell delicious in the rain, like putting your face in a flower pot and walking past a recently lit fire and opening your mouth to suck in a cloud.

It was a lovely walk.

School had its highlights as well. The benefit of being in grad school is the general intelligent boost every activity gets from the overeducated. A friend in the department stopped by my office for some girl talk today (something I don't get a ton of in the traditional sense). What would normally be a, "my boyfriend does that too!" became much deeper as said friend studies interpersonal behavior. She embarrassingly waxed philosophical on me and schooled me on all the interactions that were happening as we chewed over our own fighting styles, communication patterns etc. I bet lots of people spend a lot of money to get similar education from a therapist.

Meanwhile, here is a little insight into how K and I spend a disconcerting amount of time-->Monkeying Around


I will leave you with these thoughts:



Leave a Reply