Don't worry, I've still got depth (translation for my telltale anger that, while now controllable, has been my trademark since junior high)

I have added a brand new reason to hate large, SUV type vehicles (sorry K, although I am pretty sure you're on my side about this). They aren't low enough to see my headlights bearing down on them. Usually I like to tout the benefits of following distance, but where is the friendly reminder that I am back there, going faster than you, in the fast lane, while you are perfectly capable of getting over? It is no where. I am a non-presence as the expansive ass of their vehicle wipes my status on the road from importance and they continue to mosey along in the fast lane right next to the vehicle they will never pass. And of course...they are on the cell phone.



So there ya go. I have got serious road rage, and I probably need to calm down so maybe that will get it off my chest
Last night was my good friend B's birthday and it was fun. A weensy bit of dancing, mainly good conversation and some decent cranberry juice in vodka.  Although I was flying solo once again (K...with the working) it was nice to relive some of the socializing that happened at the beginning of grad school. I talk about how happy I will be outside of school a lot, without the guilt of not working every second or even working on easier work and feeling guilty for not doing the hardest work you have to do. It is a twisted world. But, I will sincerely miss the people I've met here; they are some genuine and lovely people. I am a little glad I'll be in KC.



One Comment